Dear SEBWA Members,
It is that time of year that we set our annual convention program. Our 2014 SEBWA Convention program is stacking up to be great and one you will not want to miss! This year we will return to Panama City to what is now the Wyndham Panama City Beach Resort. This convention site that has always provided an excellent and accessible venue for all SEBWA members.
SEBWA will host the following Technical Workshops with CEUs:
- FSMA Food Defense (4 CEUs) by Bob HIrst, IBWA – learn more about the FDA proposed rule for intentional adulteration and how you can apply this information to your facility using FDA’s food defense plan builder software. Be sure to bring your current food defense plan and update it for FSMA!
- Fundamentals of Laboratory Instrumentation (1 CEU) by Steve Tischler of National Testing Labs – explore the basic theory and operation of some of the most important analytical instruments used in a modern drinking water laboratory.
- Environmental Monitoring as a Form of Verification (1 CEU) by Bob Hirst, IBWA – learn how this could be an integral part of a food safety system under FSMA.
- IBWA Current Issue Update (1.5 CEUs) by Bob Hirst, IBWA – learn about all the important technical and regulatory updates bottled water companies are required to know including news from FDA, USEPA, OSHA, and DSH.
SEBWA will also host the following general industry presentations:
- How Bottled Water Professionals can Save Thousands and Become Invincible to Lawsuits! Presented by G.K. Mangelson of the American Society for Assets Protection (ASAP) – learn lawsuit protections, tax reduction, and estate planning strategies most advisors are unaware of…from the experts in the industry!
- How to Market and Sell Your Products in the Fast Paced and Competitive Bottled Water Industry by Andre Damiens, DS Waters – you will pick up on some tried and true ways to add products to your product line and get your existing products well marketed and sold!
- Supplier Profiles where you will have a chance to meet some of your SEBWA Suppliers and learn a little more about the products and services they offer to enhance your business operations.
- Beverage Marketing Industry Review by Glen Sanders, DS Waters – learn first hand how your industry is doing within the greater beverage industry, what product sectors are doing better than others and what trends are taking place currently…all information you need to know!
In addition to our outstanding program there will be ample opportunities provided for you to network and build your industry relationships during the 2014 SEBWA Convention and Trade Show. Be sure to mark your calendar and make your plans to be there!
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest SEBWA Board Member, Gene Ross of Goodpac Plastics!
Dr. Fred Garrett SEBWA President